Sunday 8 December 2013

K-Drama Review: Mirae’s Choice/Marry Him If You Dare

Written by Aimes.

So this will definitely contain spoilers.

I’m going to talk about the end first because that’s what everyone is going crazy over. For all you realists out there, I understand your explanations of the ending. Really, I do. But when Yoon Eun-Hye is in a drama and there is no kiss, consider me displeased. Having said that, I still thought it was a pretty good drama. Like with most dramas, I did skip stuff, but I do that with everything I watch.
What I was impressed with was the ability of this show to convert me to a Kim Shin fan. When Jung Yong-Hwa rocked in as Park Se-Joo, I didn’t think Lee Dong-Gun stood a chance of becoming my bias, but as the show wore on, I was completely converted.



Hands up if these scenes had you squealing like a small child at Christmas.

Now this isn’t to say I didn’t love Se-Joo, because I totally did, but I think it was a bit of a friend-zone situation with him and Mirae. Such a great guy, they seem totally natural together, but the deeper relationship chemistry isn’t quite there. They did have some really cute/funny moments though. I totally approve of all their skinship.


Big brother Na Joo-Hyun (Oh Jung-Se) also gets a mention for his protectiveness of Mirae and their great sibling chemistry. 


Another thing I loved was the character growth of Seo Yoo-Kyung. It wasn’t that you saw her family and situation and felt sorry for her –I hate the idea of anyone suddenly feeling bad for/liking her just because of pity. She had already won me over during the Pandoras Box interview with the family who’s house was renovated. This scene also holds a special place in my heart.





Overall, it was worth watching. It's a good drama with some great character development, cute and fluffy moments and displays of manly sadness. Too bad the ending sucked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Aimes & Kidge, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena